Recipe: Crispy Maple-Glazed Chicken Wings
– 3 tablespoons gluten-free tapioca flour
– 1 pound pasture-raised chicken wings
– 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– ¾ cup coconut aminos
– 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
– ¼ cup pure maple syrup
– Sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle the tapioca flour onto a large plate or shallow bowl. Roll the chicken wings in the flour until they are well coated. Transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake the chicken wings for 15 minutes, flip them over, and bake for 15 minutes more, until they are crispy.
4. While the chicken bakes, combine the pepper, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, and maple syrup in a small saucepan and whisk over medium-low heat until fully combined. Remove the pan from the heat.
5. When the chicken wings are done, transfer them to a large bowl, add the sauce, and toss until the wings are well coated.
6. Serve the wings warm with the sesame seeds sprinkled on top. The wings taste best the day they are made.
This Crispy Maple-Glazed Chicken Wings recipe has been reprinted from Just The Good Stuff – Copyright © 2020 by Rachel Mansfield. Click here to purchase your copy.
Photographs copyright © 2020 by Aubrie Pick. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.