Planting the Seeds of Love
As with any new romance, it’s vital to keep things exciting.
This is especially true with those crucial first few dates; after all, you’re laying the foundations for long-term happiness. It’s important that you mix things up to show you’re versatile, spontaneous and adaptable. Heck, just thinking about it is exciting.
It’s how we at BALANCE have been playing it with new dairy-free brand beleaf these past few weeks. Given how delicious the innovative range of plant-based products is – and that includes Yogurt Alternatives and Cultured Shots – passions were high from the off.
And, thanks to keeping things fresh, we’re still in that honeymoon period. To ensure our happiness can also be your happiness, we present “5 Days, 5 Ways”: five exciting ways to enjoy beleaf to ensure your head isn’t turned and to keep beleaf a welcome part of your wellbeing regimen.
Day 1: play it cool
To get the ball rolling, let’s just be ourselves. And that means enjoying beleaf Mango Passion Fruit Yogurt straight from the pot. What’s immediately striking is how creamy it is; indeed, you’ll instantly forget it’s plant-based. Or, more likely, wonder how on earth it could be plant-based.
Day 2: breakfast of champions
It’s early days and you’ve shown you’re too keen. You simply can’t be without beleaf – and that includes first thing in the morning. Fret not: this delicious homemade mango granola will scratch that insatiable itch.
Homemade Mango Granola
The perfect start to your day.
Makes 1 batch (for several meals)
Preparation Approx. 20 minutes
- 250g pure oats
- 150g almonds, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 2tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 x 120g beleaf Mango Passion Fruit Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 160℃
- Mix the oats, almonds, salt, sugar and oil on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, tossing mixture occasionally.
- Leave to cool, then serve with your choice of beleaf yoghurts.
- The granola keeps well when stored sealed for 1-2 weeks.
Day 3: a shot in the arm
By now the relationship feels solid. But if you’re ready to take it to the next level, things could get truly intense. That’s right: it’s time for a beleaf Strawberry Cultured Shot. Each shot is a winning blend of four strains of live active cultures for gut health and vitamin B6 to support immunity.
Day 4: a bit of blue
Oh, you’ve done it now, you absolute tart!
And by “tart” we, of course, mean Blueberry Yogurt Tart. This is a treat you can feel good about. It might only take a little over half an hour to make. But there’s every chance you’ll soon demolish it.
Blueberry Yogurt Tart
Sweet yet fresh, desserts have never tasted so good.
Makes 1 tart
Preparation Approx. 30 minutes
- 50g dates
- 30g coconut oil, melted
- 70g pure oats
- 90g almonds, ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 200g blueberries, (frozen or fresh)
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp agar-agar
- 2 x 120g beleaf Berries Yogurt
- Blueberries for garnishing
- Mint for garnishing (optional)
- Blend the dates with coconut oil and oats, mix in the ground almonds and salt.
- Pour the mixture into a tart tin, press down well and place in the fridge to set.
- Boil the blueberries in 100ml water, then purée them using a blender then return to the pot.
- Juice the lime, and dissolve the agar-agar into the juice, then add to the blueberry puree.
- Bring to the boil while stirring constantly with a whisk. Boil for 2 minutes, then let it cool down a little.
- Fold in the beleaf Berries Yogurt into the blueberry mix, then pour on top of the tart base.
- Leave to cool overnight, covered in the refrigerator. Garnish with blueberries and mint.
Day 5: more than just a rebound
The test of any new love is to prove you’re more than just a substitute.
And what BALANCE has been doing has been using beleaf yoghurt alternative for pretty much everything.
We’ve also been getting creative at breakfast, mixing and matching the yoghurt alternative varieties and having fun with the fruit.
Love pancakes, but not the calories? Ditch the maple syrup and top on one pot of beleafs Berries yogurt flavour, and enjoy!
Dairy, if you’re reading this? We are so over you.
Available in selected Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s stores; to find out more visit beleaf.eu