Recipe: Dr Rupy Aujla’s immunity-boosting noodle soup
You will need:
• 1tbsp coconut oil
• 3cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 4cm piece of lemongrass, bruised
• 1 star anise
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped
• 350ml vegetable stock
• 2tbsp soy sauce
• 2tsp fish sauce (optional)
• 25g soba noodles
• 50g pak choy or spring greens, thinly sliced
• 25g mung bean sprouts (or snow pea, alfalfa or extra beansprouts)
• 25g beansprouts
• 4 mint leaves
• 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
• 25g red cabbage, thinly sliced
1. Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, lemongrass, star anise and half the sliced spring onions, and sauté for a few minutes until the garlic and onion have softened.
2. Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and fish sauce (if using), then noodles, and cook as per the noodle packet instructions.
4. Remove from heat. Stir through pak choy, then leave to stand for 2–3 minutes to soften the greens.
5. Garnish with the mung sprouts and beansprouts, remaining spring onion, mint, chilli and red cabbage.
For Dr Rupy’s recipe for Fish in a Paper Bag with Celeriac Bravas click HERE
The Doctor’s Kitchen by Dr Rupy Aujla (£14.99, Harper Thorsons)