Recipe: Gizzi Erskine’s Christmassy red mimosas
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 6 ripe blood oranges
• Small knob unsalted butter
• 1tsp caster sugar (optional)
• 1 bottle of medium-dry prosecco
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Cut oranges in half. Put the butter into a large frying pan and get it really hot. Place the oranges flat side down in the pan and leave to char for 5–10 minutes. You want to get them nice and black. Put oranges into a roasting tray and roast for about 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
2. Squeeze juice from the oranges (if a little bitter, add caster sugar).
3. Half fill Champagne flutes with juice (about 75ml per glass) and top up with chilled prosecco.