Recipe: Vit-packed berry and beetroot porridge
You will need:
• 50g Flahavan’s Irish Organic Porridge Oats
• 300ml oat milk
• 1 large pre-cooked vacuum-packed beetroot
• 70g frozen mixed berries (plus an extra handful to serve)
• 1tbsp maple syrup, to serve
• Finely-sliced baby candy cane beetroot, to serve (optional)
• Handful of pistachios, to serve
• Fresh mint, to serve
1. Place milk, beetroot and frozen berries in a blender and whizz up until smooth.
2. Pour the blended milk mixture into a medium-sized pan over a medium heat and add the Flahavan’s Irish Organic Porridge Oats. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a low temperature.
3. Continue cooking, regularly stirring the porridge, for 10 to 12 minutes to develop a delicious, creamy consistency.
4. Divide the porridge mixture between two bowls, then top each with a few frozen berries and some candy cane beetroot.