Recipe: Vegan Yorkshire Puddings
These plant-based puds by healthy chef Steph Elswood make a delicious addition to your festive dinner
It’s a controversial one – do Yorkshire puddings belong on the Christmas dinner table, or do they not? When they taste this good, it’s an easy answer. We’re in…
INGREDIENTS (Makes 8)
- 110g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of gram flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 5 tablespoons of aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 290ml almond milk
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C/430°F.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to each muffin hole and place the tray in the oven for 15 minutes to heat up.
- In the meantime, combine flour, gram flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the bowl and add the aquafaba and apple cider vinegar.
- Using an electric whisk combine the ingredients until crumbly.
- Next, add the milk, and whisk again for a few minutes until the mixture is full of air bubbles.
- Take the muffin tray out of the oven (the oil should be sizzling), and quickly pour the mixture into the holes. Leave a gap near the top to allow them to rise. You don’t want the temperature of the oil to drop, so act quickly.
- Bake puddings in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.