Recipe: Vegan chocolate protein bars
Pretty darn easy to make, but the end result looks far from it. Take your time coating them if you want them to achieve a super pretty, professional appearance.
Ingredients for the bars
• 160g Pulsin Natural Chocolate Pea Protein
• 30g raw cacao powder
• 80g maple syrup
• 30g coconut flour
• 250ml waterFor the coating
• 180g vegan chocolate drops
2. Slice into eight or 16 bars (at first, we made eight and coated them before slicing them in half when we realised how jumbo they were!)
3. Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave in a jug with a wide base. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, then heat for 30 seconds more. It should take 90 -120 seconds total.
4. Place the bars one at a time into the melted chocolate, coat, then remove with a large spoon. Transfer to a fork, tap off any excess chocolate and return to a plate or tray lined with baking paper.
5. Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries and puffed amaranth. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks, or at room temperature for one week, in a tightly sealed container. You can also freeze them for up to a month!