Recipe: Raspberry Shrub Sour Cocktail
For the Cocktail
• 25ml Raspberry Shrub (see below)
• 20ml lemon juice
• 1 small egg white, or substitute with chickpea water to make it vegan
For the Raspberry Shrub
• 1 cup unrefined caster sugar
• 1 cup water
• 150g raspberries
• 1 cup Champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1. To make the Raspberry Shrub, combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the raspberries and simmer over a low heat until they break down and blend with the water and sugar.
3. Add the vinegar and simmer for another couple of minutes to allow the flavours to marry together. Set aside to cool, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve to separate the raspberry solids.
4. Pour into a sterilised glass jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.
5. Combine your Sour ingredients in a cocktail shaker, top with ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into a Coupe glass, and garnish with lemon peel.