Recipe: Guinness Bread
If you want to impress the family this week why not try and make 108 Brasserie’s delicious Guinness Bread at home? After you’ve cleaned the house top to toe or if you’re working from home take a break and sit down with a cup of tea and Guinness Bread and butter to relax.
- 2 and 1⁄4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 cups White Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Table Salt
- 2 and 1⁄2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups Milk
- 1⁄2 cup Black Treacle (or molasses)
- 1 cup Guinness
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together the whole wheat flour, white flour, oats, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Add the milk, black treacle (or molasses) and Guinness, and mix until well combined.
- Use cooking spray to coat 2 bread loaf pans, and pour the batter into the pans.
- Sprinkle a little more oatmeal on top.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes to an hour, until the centre is cooked through and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.