James Haskell’s Avocado, Ham and Chilli Tarts
James says: “The 4 large eggs are a great source of protein and fat, the ham is again protein and fat, avocado has amazing fat in in, and there are zero carbs. So if you prefer a low carb breakfast then it would be perfect because you’re getting your protein and a moderate amount of fat and is full of flavour with a little bit of spice”.
10 mins prep time
20 mins cook time
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 6 slices Parma ham
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Place the avocado in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the chilli and coriander.
- 4. Line a muffin tin with the Parma ham. Divide the avocado mix between the ham cases. Pour over the eggs and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.