Recipe: Chocolate and Walnut Marzipan Truffles
If you’ve got a sweet tooth or you’re in need of some midday pick-me-ups whilst you work at home, exquisite British chocolatier, Rococo Chocolates, are continuing to sell online with free UK delivery.
Fancy having a go yourself? Rococo Chocolates are sharing their Chocolate and Walnut Marzipan Truffles recipe – ideal for those wanting to make use of a jar of preserved fruits at the back of the cupboard. It makes an incredible 40 truffles that will be sure to keep you going for the coming weeks.
– 200g blanched almonds
– 100g shelled walnuts
– 100g icing sugar
– 50g pitted cherries in brandy – stones removed and brandy squeezed out
– 500g good quality dark chocolate, tempered for dipping
– Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Blitz the almonds and walnuts in short pulses in a food processor until roughly ground. Add the sugar and blitz once more until finely ground.
- Add the cherries and pulse to make a smooth, moist dough (add a teaspoon of brandy from the jar of cherries, if necessary).
- Shape the marzipan into roughly 10g balls. Place them on a plate or tray and dip them into tempered chocolate and leave them to set for 1 hour, alternatively roll in the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s as simple as that! These are a delicious way to end a meal and are sure to impress your friends. You can substitute the alcohol for orange-blossom water or orange juice if you’d like.
For chocolate gifting and tasting, head to the Rococo Chocolates website.