Recipe: Raw Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Baking is made easy with these dairy-free and no-bake raw vegan chocolate brownies from Russel Ford, Executive Head Chef of 108 Brasserie.
- 4 cups raw whole walnuts
- 3 cups whole dried Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- In a food processor or blender grind the walnuts and sea salt until fine.
- Add the vanilla, dates and cocoa powder. Pulse/blend until it forms a crumble. The mixture should stick together when pressed between the fingers. If too crumbly, blend more, or add more dates. Adjust the taste to your liking, adding more dates for sweetness or more cocoa powder if needed.
- Press down in a lined tray. Cool in the fridge overnight then slice.
- Finish with cacao powder on top.
Thank you to Russel Ford, Executive Head Chef of 108 Brasserie for providing this recipe.
Russell Ford was appointed Executive Head Chef of 108 Brasserie in the autumn of 2011. Prior to joining 108 and The Marylebone, Russell was Head Chef at The Kensington.