Recipe: Gingerbread Flip Festive Cocktail
Make your festive evenings a little more interesting with this easy Christmas cocktail idea – and it’s a great addition for Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve. This recipe uses ginger wine which is sweet, warming and comforting. What’s more, the gingery fire actually feels like it may be doing you some good – beneficial if you have a sore throat and soothing for people with digestive issues.
What you’ll need
- 2 x 25ml shots spiced rum
- 2 x 25ml shots ginger wine
- 1 tbsp ginger syrup (from a jar of stem ginger in syrup)
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Whole nutmeg (to garnish)
- Gingerbread biscuits (to serve)
1. Pour the rum, ginger wine and ginger syrup into a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the egg and shake for 10 seconds. Add two handfuls of ice and a pinch of cinnamon and shake for a further 20 seconds.
3. Strain into two small chilled glasses.
4. Grate over a little fresh nutmeg and serve with gingerbread biscuits. Enjoy!
For a longer drink pour over ice and carefully top with a little ginger beer or lemonade.
For more delicious recipes from British Lion eggs click here