Recipe: Alexandra Dudley’s forgotten banana almond clusters
A great way to use up those squishy bananas
Makes 14 bite-sized clusters
130g whole raw almonds
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Weigh out 70g of your almonds and finely chop. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mash your banana using a fork or potato masher. It sometimes helps to use your hands at the start too.
- Add your chopped almonds, remaining whole almonds, olive oil, honey and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Drop about a teaspoon of the mix onto the parchment and continue until all the mix is used. Roast for 35-40 mins until your almond clusters have browned and are firm to touch. Allow to cool.
- Keep in a cool dry place for up to three days.