Recipe: Lily Simpson of Detox Kitchen’s spinach & egg flatbreads
• A handful of caraway seeds
• 250g chickpea flour
• 125-175ml cold water
• 400g jarred butter beans, drained & rinsed
• 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for frying
• 200g spinach
• 4 eggs
• Toasted pumpkin seeds to sprinkle
• Flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Toast the caraway seeds in a dry frying pan until fragrant. Tip into a bowl and add the flour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gradually mix in enough water to create a thick batter, then chill for 2 hours.
2. To make the spinach mixture, place the butter beans, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the spinach and blitz again. Set aside.
3. Heat a little oil in a 20cm frying pan. Spoon in about a quarter of the batter mix, spreading it out to create a large pancake. Once golden on the base, flip over and cook the other side, then transfer them to a tray.
4. When all the flatbreads are on the tray, smear the spinach mixture over them and then crack an egg on top of each. Bake for 2–3 minutes until the eggs are cooked. Season and add pumpkin seeds to serve.