Recipe: Pumpkin, cashew butter, chickpea and pea protein curry
• 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
• 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
• 1⁄2 tsp garam masala
• 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
• 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
• 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
• 1⁄2 a can of chickpeas, drained and rinsedWet Ingredients• 200g pumpkin puree
• 1 tsp maple syrup
• 40g smooth roast cashew butter
• 300ml unsweetened oat or almond milk
1. Mix the pumpkin purée with oat or almond milk in a high speed blender.
2. Pour the sauce into a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add a touch of hot water or extra milk to thin it out if it gets too thick.
3. Add the chickpeas and heat through for five minutes more.
4. Serve topped with fresh coriander, roast cashews, coconut flakes and a side of quinoa. Corn chips might seem random, but are a nice touch for scooping up the chickpea curry – and an added crunch!