Recipe: Green protein smoothie bowl
A protein-boosted, nutritionally-rich and rounded dish, which is more than “just” a bowl of blended fruit to give your body the nutrients it needs. It’s a great start to the day that is likely to satisfy your hunger for a heck of a lot longer than fruit alone.
You will need
• 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
• 60g vanilla cashew yogurt
• 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
• 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract (or fresh seeds if you have them!)
• 10g unflavoured pea protein powder
• 200g frozen banana
• 1⁄2 tsp fresh ginger
• 10g rice protein
1. Whizz all of your ingredients in a high speed blender until perfectly smooth.
2. Serve topped with a variety of fruits, granola – or whatever your heart desires. We like using mango, pomegranate, granola and bee pollen (leave off for a vegan version) to encourage some hormone balance, immune-boosting goodness.