Recipe: Blueberry Muffins
Snack sans guilt with these nutritious and fruity muffins
Jam-packed with antioxidants, low in calories and high in nutrients, these comforting blueberry muffins make for a perfect afternoon snack.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 200 g (7 oz) spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch ‘spices of joy’ (see page 63) 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) oat milk
- 150 g (51⁄2 oz) fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F/Gas Mark 3).
- Prepare a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and spices.
- While continuing to mix, gradually add the sunflower oil then the oat milk.
- Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full with the batter, then add some blueberries, pushing them slightly into the batter.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes.
Hildegard of Bingen’s Holistic Health Secrets By Mélanie Schmidt-Ulmann (Hardback, £14.99, Eddison Books Ltd)