Recipe: Joe Wicks’ Choc Orange Popcorn Squares
Makes 16 bars
You will need
• ¼tsp coconut oil
• 3tbsp popping corn
• 150g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
• 75g butter, cubed
• 75g golden syrup
• 4tsp finely grated orange zest
• 40g white chocolate
1. Line an 18cm square, loose-bottomed cake tin with non-stick baking parchment.
2. In a large non-stick lidded saucepan, melt the oil over a medium heat. Add the popping corn.
3. Cover and cook, shaking the pan frequently until the corn has popped.
4. Place the dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a glass bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (making sure that the water does not touch the base of the bowl). Allow to melt and stir to combine.
5. When the chocolate is smooth, stir in half of the orange zest.
6. Mix the popcorn with the chocolate mixture to coat evenly and then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill for 1–2 hours, or until set.
7. Carefully turn out the mixture onto a board and remove the paper. Melt the white chocolate as above and drizzle all over. Sprinkle over remaining zest, then transfer to the fridge and chill until the white chocolate has set.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut into 16 equal squares and then serve.