Recipe: Madeleine Shaw’s healthy flourless brownies
- 200g coconut oil
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 free range eggs
- 200g coconut sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 200g buckwheat flour
- Maldon sea salt
- 200g raspberries
- 100g pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3.
2. Melt the coconut oil and chocolate on a low heat, take it off the heat and leave to the side.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl, and add the coconut sugar and vanilla and beat together until fully combined.
4. Once the chocolate has cooled a little, pour in with the eggs and sugar mix.
5. Add the flour and a pinch of salt. Stir half the raspberries and pistachios into the mixture.
6. Pour the mix into a tray lined with baking paper and scatter over the last pistachios and berries, pushing them in slightly so the tops can just be seen.
7. Bake for 25-30 mins, then let them cool. The outside of the brownies should be crispy and the inside gooey. Cut into squares.