Is ‘Cultural Stress’ Ruining Your Skin?
Stressed. Frazzled. Exhausted. Wired. There are several different ways that we as individuals express our stress and although we’re well aware of the effect on our heart, sleep quality and even relationships, what about the impact it has on our skin?
For instance, did you know living a high-stress lifestyle can make you look up to 3.5 years older than you are?
Now, we’re not telling you that so you can add yet another item to your list of things to stress about. No, we’re telling you because ‘Cultural Stress’ is sweeping the nation and having a downright rotten effect on our skin.
WHAT IS IT?
Defined by Howard Murad, M.D., FAAD of Murad, as “the unnecessary man-made stress we put on ourselves in our attempt to live up to everyone’s expectations”, our hyper-connected, fast-paced society is triggering “a constant flood of damaging stress hormones, like cortisol, which fatigue our bodies and could show in our skin as dehydration, sallowness, roughness and deep expression lines.”
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?
At risk of repeating ourselves, it is all about #balance and, in this case, balancing relaxing ingredients with those that revive in order to target the visible premature ageing effects of stress.
Murad recommends using the Revitalixir™ Recovery Serum which contains a balancing blend of relaxing and reviving extracts to minimise skin fatigue and renew vibrancy in an instant and over time.
WHY AND HOW?
Revitalixir™ Recovery Serum is an advanced sphere-infused serum that separates the oil-based elements from the water-based gel for a more potent, concentrated formula.
While that sounds complicated, all it means is that the outer gel revives and renews while the sphere relaxes the signs of stress.
Caffeine and wild indigo – combats eye puffiness and dark circles
Cannabis and hyaluronic acid – for dehydration
Niacinamide and neuropeptide – reduces expressions lines and refined texture
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE CULTURAL STRESS?
Murad‘s top tips include asking yourself these questions to reveal the ways that you personally need to reduce stress and relax:
- Can you establish a set amount of time each day to unplug from your digital devices?
- Can you create a bedtime routine that prepares you for sleep thirty minutes prior to lights out?
- Can you make it a goal to treat yourself once a month (or as often as feasible) to a massage or another therapeutic treatment of your choice?
- Can you plan your days better so you’re not as harried?
- Can you take a recess for some deep breathing or meditations when problems present themselves and your mind starts to race? Focusing on our problems can cause them to easily swell into unmanageable portion sizes for our consciousness and bring us down. They then get out of control and look worse than they really are.
- Can you get outside more to enjoy the calming effects that only nature can provide?
- Can you pick just a single habit you want to change and commit to making that happen?
Visit murad.co.uk for an exclusive 15% off with the code: UNWIND