Recipe: The Body Coach’ veggie bean chilli with guac
‘Here’s a great recipe for when you don’t fancy eating meat and want a veggie option. More good news… my seventh book is going to be a vegetarian cookbook!’
You will need
• 1tbsp coconut oil
• ½ small red onion, finely diced
• ½ yellow pepper, de-seeded, finely diced
• ½ courgette, finely diced
• 3tsp Cajun spice mix
• ½tsp ground cumin
• ¼tsp ground cinnamon
• ½ x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
• 4tbsp tomato puree
• 75ml vegetable stock
• 1 x 400g tin of mixed pulses and beans in water, drained
• Salt and pepper
• 1tbsp soured cream (optional — vegans swap for a dairy-free version)
For the guacamole
• 1 avocado, de-stoned, cut into 1cm dice
• 1 shallot, finely diced
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 ripe plum tomato, finely chopped
• Juice of 1 large lime
• Small handful of chopped coriander (leaves and stalks), plus extra for garnish
1. Melt the oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, pepper, courgette, Cajun spice mix, cumin and cinnamon and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, puree, stock and the tin of mixed pulses and beans and bring to the boil. Cook over a medium to high heat for 6–8 minutes, or until thickened. Season well and remove from the heat.
3. Meanwhile, make the guacamole by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Season well.
4. Spoon the chilli into a wide bowl and top with the soured cream. Serve with the guacamole, topped with extra coriander.
Read more: Joe Wicks — The Big Interview