Dr Rupy’s Banana berry cookies
Berries maintain their nutritional value even when frozen and are a great source of polyphenols, which have been shown to protect our brain from oxidative stress
This is an easy dessert to make and I always have a batch in my freezer. Frozen mixed berries are widely available and super cheap. This dessert is a great way to introduce berries into our diet regularly, and the chocolate shavings deliver bitter notes to complement the bananas’ sweetness.
• 2 medium bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen (200g peeled weight)
• 200g frozen mixed berries
• 100g coconut cream
• 20g pecans, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
• 25g dark chocolate, grated
1. Put the frozen bananas, berries and coconut cream into a food processor or blender and blitz until combined and smooth.
2. Add the chopped pecans and combine using a spoon.
3. Divide between two bowls, scatter with grated dark chocolate and a few extra pecans. Enjoy immediately.