Recipe: Vegan risotto with petit pois, asparagus and spinach
With a dish so creamy, you'd never know it was dairy-free!
For those looking for vegan risotto recipes, this classic risotto primavera is the perfect base. Full of flavour and freshness, you can experiment with the vegetables to cater it to your tastes.
Prep Time 10min
Cook Time 30min
- 25g Flora Original
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225g Arborio rice
- 700ml hot vegetable stock
- 300ml vegan dry white wine (optional but increase stock to 1 litre if not used)
- 250g frozen petit pois
- 125g asparagus tips, each cut into three
- 175g spinach, washed and drained
- 75g vegan Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat Flora and olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft but not browned.
- Add the rice and stir well. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently, whilst stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in 300ml stock and repeat until the stock has been absorbed.
- Add half the remaining stock, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the vegan risotto has a creamy consistency.
- Add the peas to the rice together with the asparagus and remaining stock. Bring back to a simmer and continue stirring as the liquid is absorbed and the rice becomes tender.
- Stir in the spinach, with a little more stock if necessary, and sprinkle in the vegan cheese, stirring until melted through. You can leave this ingredient out if you prefer but it will affect the consistency a little.
- Finish with cracked black pepper and vegan parmesan and serve straight away.