Recipe: Tofu tacos with protein mole sauce
• 120g tofu
• 60g buckwheat flour
• 160ml water
• 7g milled flaxseed
• ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
For the Mole Sauce:
• ½ tsp bouillon
• 1 tsp tomato purée
• 1 heaped tbsp (20g) almond butter
• 125ml boiling water
• 10g chocolate pea protein (optional)
• 7g cacao powder
• ¼ tsp each of cumin, chilli powder and coriander
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 1 tsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (400F, gas mark 6). Slice and dice the tofu, spray generously with oil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and crispy.
2. Combine the flour, water, flaxseed and salt and whisk until smooth. Pour 60ml (¼ cup) into a hot non-stick pan and swirl to form a small taco-sized wrap. Cook for two-three minutes until the edges lift, flip, and cook for one minute more.
3. Blend the sauce ingredients and place in a small pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes. Season to taste with more rock salt.
4. Serve with shredded red cabbage, thinly sliced radish, the baked tofu, mole sauce and yogurt on the side.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get 25% off Pulsin Starter Kits with the code BALANCE25