Recipe: Spanish Chicken, Chorizo and Veggie Packed ‘Paella’
• 1 red pepper, 1cm slices
• 1 yellow pepper, 1cm slices
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
• ½tsp rosemary leaves, chopped
• 4 chicken thighs (skinless, boneless), chopped into bite-size pieces
• 1 chicken stock pot
• 60g chorizo cubes
• 150g basmati rice
• 30g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Prep the peppers, garlic, parsley, cherry tomatoes
and rosemary (discarding the rosemary stalks). Chop the chicken on a separate chopping board. Pour 300ml of boiling water into a jug with the chicken stock pot and stir to dissolve.
2. Heat 1½tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan on high heat. Season your chicken with ½tsp salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Fry your chicken for a few mins. Once brown on all sides, remove and keep to the side.
3. Add another 1½tbsp of olive oil to the frying pan. Add your peppers and tomato. Cook for a few mins until softened. Add in your garlic, your rosemary leaves and the chorizo.
4. After 3 mins, add the rice and half of the parsley. Cook for a few mins until the rice absorbs the oil.
5. Add the chicken stock and chicken. Give everything a good stir and put a tight fitting lid on top. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 mins on the heat and 10 mins off the heat. It’s really important you do not touch the lid until at least 20 mins are up or the rice will not cook properly.
6. Serve with your remaining parsley and wedges of lemon.