Recipe: Udon noodles, truffle butter and parmesan
What more could you want from a noodle dish?
- 500g frozen udon noodles, or 250g dried udon noodles
- 1 tbsp light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp good quality truffle butter
- 25g aged parmesan, finely grated
- Slices of preserved black truffle, or a generous shaving of fresh black truffle
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
- Cook the udon noodles, refreshing them under cold water and completely draining them. Try and buy either frozen or dried udon noodles as these are the easiest to cook. Just follow the instructions on the packet.
- Fry the cooked noodles in the olive oil and unsalted butter until they are heated through. Remove from the heat, add the truffle butter and mix well so that it melts completely and coats the noodles.
- Transfer to a couple of plates, top the noodles with the parmesan, black truffle if using and a sprinkle of sea salt flakes. Serve immediately.
- For an alternative version using truffle oil rather than butter, fry the cooked udon noodles in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, remove from the heat then add 2 tablespoons of top-quality truffle oil. Mix well and top with grated parmesan, sea salt and truffle shavings.