Recipe: Oven-baked Fish in Paper Parcel with Capers, Olives & Tomatoes
Offering a truly authentic Italian dining experience, Caldesi allows you to enjoy the best of Italy with their recipes from their The Reverse Your Diabetes Cookbook. Although the Marylebone Village restaurant is temporarily closed, feel free to recreate Giancarlo’s masterpieces starting with this fish dish below.
Serve with a glass of white wine, and some green beans dressed with your best olive oil, and you’re sure to feel like you are in Italy by the sea.
– 450g (1lb) haddock, cod, whiting or other firm white fish fillet
– 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
– 8 black or green olives, pitted
– 2 tablespoons small capers, drained . teaspoon dried oregano
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons white wine
– a few sprigs of parsley, roughly chopped
– salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 fan /400 gas mark 6.
- Lay the fish on a piece of baking parchment about 10cm (4in) larger than on all sides.
- Season and then scatter over the tomatoes, olives, capers and oregano. Pour over the oil and white wine.
- Bring the long edges of the paper together to meet each other above the fish, then fold them over by 2cm. Do this again and again until you reach about 5cm above the fish.
- Twist the ends like a sweet wrapper to seal in the steam and flavours.
- Lay the parcel on a baking tray and bake for 12–15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. It should feel firm through the paper when it is done. Serve warm in the paper on a serving plate scattered with the parsley.
Per serving 1.7g carbs, 0.7g fibre, 41g protein, 14g fat, 311kcal