Recipe: Mushroom Quiche with Zucchini Hash-Brown Crust
– Avocado oil, for greasing the baking dish
– 1 cup shredded zucchini
– ¼ cup diced onion
– ¼ cup blanched almond flour
– 6 large pasture-raised eggs
– 1 cup sliced mushrooms
– ½ teaspoon garlic powder
– ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– ¼ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch round baking dish with avocado oil.
2. Extract the excess moisture from the zucchini by wrapping it in a large paper towel or clean kitchen towel and squeezing, discarding the liquid. Combine the zucchini with the onion and the almond flour in a medium bowl.
3. Add the zucchini-onion mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down to form a flat crust.
4. Bake the crust so it begins to cook and crisp a bit, about 8 minutes (don’t skip this step or the crust will be soggy).
5. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic powder, pepper, and nondairy milk.
6. Pour the filling over the crust and bake until the eggs are fully cooked and not jiggly, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve the Mushroom Quiche warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This Mushroom Quiche with Zucchini Hash-Brown Crust recipe has been reprinted from Just The Good Stuff – Copyright © 2020 by Rachel Mansfield. Click here to purchase your copy.
Photographs copyright © 2020 by Aubrie Pick. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.