Recipe: Gorgonzola Omelette by Purely Organic
Organic September is nearly here, so how about starting your day right with a delicious Gorgonzola Omelette from Purely Organic – the UK’s first ever nationwide organic egg brand.
With the highest welfare standards provided for their hens, and feed free from synthetic fertilisers or pesticides, enjoy delicious, high quality eggs straight from the farm to your plate.
Plus, with carbon neutral pulp packaging – which offsets the emissions generated by production processes and transport – Purely Organic have even earned the honour of being the first brand in the UK to display the Climate Partner logo.
4 tbsp butter
12 Purely Organic eggs
4 tbsp double cream
1 bunch of green asparagus, trimmed
120g gorgonzola, crumbled
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
Herbs for garnish: thyme, marjoram or basil
- Start with cooking the asparagus. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Drop the asparagus in and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and pour cold water over. Leave aside until needed.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of double cream and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat up a tablespoon of butter in a small, non-stick frying pan over a low heat, and add the whisked eggs – stirring rapidly with a spatula for 1 minute.
- Put a lid on and cook for another 1 – 2minutes.
- When the base of your omelette is set, spread the asparagus, gorgonzola cheese, and cherry tomatoes over half of your omelette.
- Fold the side without topping over the other and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the eggs just slightly runny inside.
- Continue with the remaining 3 omelettes. Serve with a sprinkling of herbs and freshly ground pepper.