Recipe: Crispy Eggs with a Summer Salad
Organic September is nearly here, so how about starting your day right with a delicious Crispy Eggs with a Summer Salad recipe from Purely Organic – the UK’s first ever nationwide organic egg brand.
With the highest welfare standards provided for their hens, and feed free from any synthetic fertilisers or pesticides, you can enjoy delicious, high quality eggs straight from the farm to your plate.
Plus, with carbon neutral pulp packaging – which offsets the emissions generated by production processes and transport – Purely Organic have even earned the honour of being the first brand in the UK to display the Climate Partner logo.
– 5 Purely Organic eggs
– 100g Japanese (Panko) breadcrumbs (you can use normal breadcrumbs if you don’t have Japanese)
– 100g Plain flour
– 100g peas
– 100g beans
– 2 sprigs of Tarragon
– Enough salad leaves for 4 plates
- Boil 4 eggs in a pan for 3 minutes (from fridge), or 2 minutes (from room temperature)
- Remove from the pan. Gently tap the egg to crack the shell, and then place in cold water. After a few minutes in the cold water, peel the shell off (it should come off easily)
- Roll the eggs in flour, then whisked egg, then Japanese breadcrumbs
- Fry in vegetable oil at 180C for approx 1 minute until they are browned. You can either do this in a saucepan, or if in a frying pan, gently baste them with the hot oil and turn them every 20 seconds until they are browned and crispy
- Pan fry the peas and beans with a pinch of finely chopped Tarragon
- The eggs should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. To serve, scatter the plate with a selection of salad leaves, then the peas and beans. Slice the eggs in half and place on top.