Recipe: Patrick Drake’s Prawn and Prosciutto Linguine
• 2 cloves of garlic
• ½ a mild green chilli
• 2 tbsps chives, finely chopped
• 300g linguine
• 1 vegetable stock pot
• 8 slices prosciutto
• 250g tiger prawns
• 3 tbsps crème fraîche
• ½ a lemon
1. Boil a large pot of water. Finely chop the garlic, chilli and chives, then cut the prosciutto into 2cm wide slices and the prawns into three pieces.
2. Once the water is boiling, add the linguine together with the vegetable stock pot. Cook for around 10 minutes (or until it’s al dente), and keep this stock to make the sauce later.
3. Heat 1 ½ tbsps of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chilli, prosciutto and prawns for 2 minutes, then season.
4. When the prawns have just turned pink, add the garlic. Continue to cook for 1 minute, then add 4 tbsps of stock from the pasta. Turn the heat to low, add the crème fraîche and ¾ of your chives and simmer until the sauce is thick and velvety.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to your sauce. Squeeze over a good splash of lemon juice, and toss in the pan or stir with a spoon to combine everything.
6. Sprinkle over the remaining chives and tuck in.