Recipe: Nadiya Hussain’s Nicoise Bake
• 8 new potatoes (about 375g)
• 4 eggs
• 2 x 170g tins of tuna, drained
• 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 115g green beans, cut into 2.5cm pieces
• 1 small red onion,thinly sliced
• 100g pitted black olives, halved
• 3 anchovies, chopped finely
• 150g parmesan shavings
FOR THE DRESSING
• 5tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
• 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1tsp dried parsley
• 2tsp dried chives
• ½tsp salt
1. Boil the new potatoes for 15–20 minutes. Drain, cool, then cut into quarters.
2. Simmer the eggs for 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water, peel from their shells and cut into quarters.
3. Put the potatoes, eggs, tuna, tomatoes, beans, red onion, olives and anchovies into an ovenproof dish. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas mark 6.
4. To make the dressing, put the oil, garlic, vinegar, parsley, chives and salt into a bowl and mix well. Add the dressing to the baking dish and stir.
5. Put the Parmesan shavings on top and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. This is just enough time for all the loveliness in the dish to warm through, but also for the cheese to melt and crisp up on top.
Recipe extracted from Nadiya’s Family Favourites by Nadiya Hussain (£20, Michael Joseph)