James Haskell’s Peanut Butter French Toast
James says: “If I was going to have a big training session later or was working on putting on muscle this would be a great way to start the day. There are a lot of carbs in here in the brioche and the jam, the peanut butter is full of great fat, but of course in moderation. The two large eggs give you a hit of protein and the banana is great for your carbs and energy”.
5 mins prep time
10 MINS cook time
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 knobs of butter
- 4 slices brioche
- 2 tablespoons cherry jam
- 2 tablespoons Meridian Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 100g fresh pitted cherries, halved
- Preheat your grill to high. Cut the bananas in half, then slice them length-ways into pieces roughly 1cm thick. Place on an oven tray and sprinkle over the caster sugar. Pop under the grill and cook until the sugar has caramelised. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk well. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once the butter is bubbling away, dip the brioche slices into the egg one at a time and then place in the pan. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and divide between two plates.
- Top the French toast with the cherry jam, peanut butter and Greek yoghurt. Place the bananas on top, scatter over the fresh cherries and serve immediately.