Travelling & Working in 2023: How to Become a Digital Nomad
Have you ever felt the urge to just get up, switch off Netflix, call in sick and temporarily abandon your responsibilities to get out there and see the world?
Travelling the world isn’t just a rare privilege anymore – We’re living in a time where technology means that you can stay connected and make money from virtually anywhere in the world out of the convenience of your laptop. The internet has opened up a range of opportunities for those who want to make money while travelling. From freelancing and remote working to digital nomadism, the possibilities are endless.
What is a digital nomad?
Digital nomads are a growing trend in the modern workforce, and they are changing the way we think about work and travel. A digital nomad is a person who works remotely, often while travelling, using digital tools and the internet to perform their job. They are able to work from anywhere as long as they have an internet connection – which is pretty much every person’s dream!
One of the biggest benefits of being a digital nomad is the ability to work from anywhere. This allows individuals to travel to different parts of the world, experience new cultures, and meet new people, all while continuing to work and earn a living. This lifestyle is particularly appealing to people who love to travel and are seeking a way to combine their passion with their careers.
Follow our 5 Tips on how to become a digital nomad in 2023:
1. Research the Local Culture: Before you decide to go abroad, make sure you do your research on the local culture. Understand the cultural norms of the country, the local language, and the customs. This will help you establish meaningful connections and have a more enjoyable experience.
2. Set Up a Home Base: One of the great benefits of being a digital nomad is that you don’t have to be tied to just one location. Have a home base that you can come back to and plan your travels around that. This will give you a place to go back to when you need to take a break and a sense of stability.
3. Find the Right Accommodation: Finding the right accommodation is essential for any digital nomad. Look for a place that has the right amenities such as fast internet and reliable power.
4. Take Care of Your Health: When travelling and working abroad, it’s important to take care of your health. Get a good travel insurance plan and make sure you get regular check-ups. Also, be mindful of the local cuisine, and make sure you’re eating right.
5. Stay Connected: Don’t forget to stay connected with friends and family back home. Keep in touch with them through social media and video chat and let them know of your whereabouts. This will help you feel connected and make the transition easier.
With all of this in mind, I hope you are feeling more enlightened to get out there and fulfil your purest desires when it comes to seeing the world. Our time on this planet is short but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be sweet – If you feel you’re in a position to take advantage of becoming a digital nomad, ask yourself what is truly stopping you and decipher whether it is an external obstacle or an internal doubt. If you can do this, I think you will find that there really is nothing stopping you – especially not in 2023.