Recipe: Madeleine Shaw’s vit-packed breakfast bowl
- 2 red peppers
- 100g kale
- 2tbsp avocado oil
- Maldon sea salt
- 4 free range eggs
- 3tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Thinly slice the red peppers and shred the kale.
2. Sauté the kale in 1tbsp avocado oil with a pinch of salt for 7 mins.
3. Boil the eggs for 5 mins.
4. Remove the eggs from the pan and run under cold water. Gently crack the shell with a spoon and peel the eggs under cold running water.
5. Mix the sesame seeds with the salt. Spread on a plate and evenly coat the eggs.
6. Cut the avocado into equal chunks.
7. Mix the virgin olive oil, chilli flakes, vinegar and mustard.
8. Add the dressing and squeeze half a lime over the salad.
Read more: James Duigan’s brunchy baked eggs