Recipe: Sesame Cod Rice Bowl
Fill your belly with this delicious fish dish
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 2 x 150g cod loins, halved
- 3 tsp toasted sesame seeds (12g)
- 150g shredded Cavolo Nero
- 250g pouch microwaveable basmati rice
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced (180g)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 25g ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the cod in a small roasting tin and sprinkle over 2 tsp sesame seeds, roast for 15 minutes until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the Cavolo Nero in boiling water for 3 minutes and drain. Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- While these are cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the pepper for 2-3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, add the soy and ginger to the pan with 2 tbsp water and heat through for a few seconds.
- Pile the rice in the centre of 2 shallow bowls and place the peppers and cavolo nero around the side, drizzle with soy dressing then top with the cod. Fry the egg in the frying pan according to your liking and add to the bowl.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining sesame seeds.
Use the left over Cavolo Nero in your favourite smoothing or add to your pasta dishes or soup.
For more recipes, head to www.discovergreatveg.co.uk