Recipe: The Detox Kitchen’s Asparagus and Spinach Soup
• Rapeseed oil for frying
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 250g new potatoes
• 2 celery sticks, diced
• 500ml vegetable stock
• 8 asparagus spears (ends broken off)
• 250g spinach
• Flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper
• Toasted sunflower seeds, to garnish
1. Heat a little oil in a saucepan, tip in the spring onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add the potatoes, celery and
vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the potatoes are softened.
2. Take the asparagus tips from the stalks, then cut the tips lengthways in half. Chop the stalks. Add all the asparagus to the pan and cook it for 2–3 minutes until almost tender. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute.
3. Transfer half of the mixture to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth. Pour this back into the pan. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Reheat if necessary before serving hot, sprinkled with sunflower seeds.