- This event has passed.
Affordable Art Fair @ Battersea
March 12, 2020 - March 15, 2020
Affordable Art Fair announces a major shake up to its Battersea Spring Fair, 12 – 15 March 2020 with a new programme to hero the joy of collecting art.
The Fair, now in its 21st year, will continue to deliver its mission to democratise art for all with the introduction of the new Access section that promises to help visitors better understand the art of collecting prints, from experienced collectors to first-time buyers alike.
The ‘art for all’ mantra is embraced with female artists celebrated in an International Women’s Day programme backed by art historian heavyweight Katy Hessel, while new Family Day initiatives aim to make the Affordable Art Fair accessible to all visitors and inspire children.
The new additions will feature amongst the Fair’s core offering of 1000’s of original art works from over 110 galleries at affordable prices (from £50 – £6,000), including an expert curated graduate show, and a range of workshops for the creative minded to get hands-on. 22 new exhibitors will shake up the Fair’s existing exciting line up of galleries, with art from emerging talent through to established names.
Affordable Art Fair programme highlights include:
Access: Prints – Putting printing into practice
- For adults: ‘Printmaking & Prosecco’ during the Private View on Wednesday 11 March and the Late View, Thursday 12 March. Visitors can enjoy a complimentary glass of Prosecco alongside inking and printing a lino print to take home.
- For children and families: Warhol-inspired mixed media workshops on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 March, where visitors can create their very own Campbell’s soup can using collage and mono printing.
Family Day – Bring the buggy and get creative
- Saturday 14 March will mark Family Day, kicking off with a Parents & Pushchairs hour 10 – 11am which will allow exclusive early entry for families to enjoy the fair without the crowds.
- Family friendly activities will run throughout Family Day and the whole weekend, including hands-on collaging and printing workshops, drop-in family sessions dedicated to learning about printmaking methods, and a Family Pack, brimming with creative printmaking-inspired activities for children of all ages to enjoy on site and take home.
International Women’s Day – Learn from art’s female frontline on Friday 13 March
- Workshops: From a ‘Powerful Pastel demo’ and masterclass inspired by female impressionists led by London Fine Art Studios, to ‘Collaging Female Heroes’ with Collage Club London and Girl Power Portraits with Sketch Appeal.
- Talks Lounge: Art historian and curator Katy Hessel, founder of The Great Woman Artists, will host a talk on ‘An Alternative HERstory of Art’, and also chair an inspirational female panel discussion about navigating the art world as a woman in the 21st century.
For full details on all of the UK Affordable Art Fairs, as well as workshops, opening times, tickets, Season Passes, the online shop and any public information, click here.